DMM â€“ STKÂ® Premium Space Course builds upon the skills and knowledge acquired from STKCoreÂ®, and thus is specifically designed to not be a repeat of that foundational course (if you have completed STKÂ® Certifications Levels 1 and 2, that would be a bonus). Instead, it assumes the student is already somewhat familiar with STKÂ® business logic and is already capable of creating scenarios, adding objects, generating reports, graphs and movies, etc (but donâ€™t worry, we are going to do some review!).
This course is designed to expose the major space capabilities of STKÂ®. As you may know, supporting space system design and analysis was the main â€˜call to fameâ€™ for AGI for over 30 years, so it should be no surprise that Ansys has been able to carve out a new product that addresses the needs of the space analyst/operator/engineer who, in fact, was the one providing feedback to AGI over all those years so that new space-related features and capabilities could be added as needed.
Since Ansys STKÂ® Premium (Space) is a product by itself, we no longer refer to the legacy STKÂ® modules upon which STKÂ® is built. Instead, we will focus on space-related capabilities, such as:
- Orbit types
- Orbit propagation & trajectories
- Space Environment including radiation, debris, magnetic field
- Space-based Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR)
- Space-based communications (from LEO to GEO and beyond)
- Orbital maneuvers, Rendez-vous & Proximity Operations (RPO)
- Spacecraft attitude dynamics
- Conjunction Analysis in Space
- Satellite Constellation analysis
However, because STKÂ® is integrated with many capabilities (not necessarily space-related), we also want to leverage these and bring these to bear on your analysis so that the output is as impactful as it can be. Additional capabilities to be exercised here:
- Complex sensor integration and analysis, such as complex sensor shapes, communication/RADAR systems and Electro-Optical Infrared (EOIR) systems
- Trade-off and Optimization analysis
- Sensor coverage and System-of-System coverage
- Leveraging extensive STKÂ® data drivers and custom data sets for superior analysis output
- Mission impact and visibility for air and terrestrial systems
- Output content: when the analysis is done, it is time to decide the best way to get it in front of a decision-maker. This could be via a special STKÂ® file (VDF), reports, graphs, snapshots and even variable-length movies.